DIPLOMA IN DENTAL NURSING
COURSE ENQUIRY FORM
At a Glance
Topics covered in the curriculum:
1. Professionalism and the role of the Dental Nurse
2. Health & Safety and Infection Control in the workplace
3. Legal and Ethical Issues in the provision of dental care
4. Emergencies in the Clinical environment
5. Anatomical structures and systems relative to the dental care
6. Oral disease and pathology
7. Patient care and management
8. Assessing patients’ oral health needs and treatment planning
9. Oral health promotion and preventive dentistry
12. Restorative dentistry
13. Extractions and minor oral surgery
14. Orthodontic procedures
15. Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
16. Pain and anxiety control in dentistry
17. Children protection
Topics will be covered appropriately to meet the needs of the students with the use of different teaching and assessment methods; these may include PowerPoint Presentations, practical hands-on sessions, group work, presentations, periodic tests and mock examinations.
The National Diploma in Dental Nursing opens up many new doors, giving you both the opportunity for further dentistry education and access to an array of different jobs related to dentistry. This course is ideal for anyone…
- Unqualified dental nurses already working as dental nurses
- Candidates interested in becoming a dental nurse
- Qualified but unregistered dental nurses who wish to obtain a dental nursing qualification and be registered with the GDC
- Overseas qualified dentists wishing to work as dental nurses in the UK
- Any individual looking to change their career
- Seeking the flexibility to work, full time, part-time or around a family
- Of any age
- Wishing to learn and earn at the same time
Provide the following documents to register for this course.
- Enrol in an accredited Dental Nurse Course. It is mandatory to be on a training course before you can start working as a Trainee Dental Nurse. You can enrol on our courses after successfully passing the initial assessment test
- Have a Hepatitis B vaccination
- A valid proof of ID
- A valid visa with permission to work in the UK for non-resident students.
- National Insurance Number
Please request application process details from the admission team at Send Email
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
Anyone wishing to work as a Dental Nurse in the UK is required to complete this course and register with GDC.
We will guide and support you from the very first step. To join the National Diploma in Dental Nursing you do not need to be working in a dental practice. It is legality from GDC that if a student wants to work as a trainee dental nurse they should be enrolled on a diploma course. After we have enrolled you on the course, we can issue a confirmation letter stating that you are on the course and can be hired as trainee dental nurses. Upon successfully passing the NEBDN examinations, students will receive a Diploma from the NEBDN. Students will need to pass the Everest Mock exams, as well as complete the RoE in order to be put forward for the NEBDN exams.
The National Diploma for Dental Nurses are run throughout the year, with courses available in a classroom-based environment and via our Zoom online learning programme.
This 12 months dental nursing diploma course is comprised of a written examination, practical examinations and a workplace portfolio (Record of Experience).
With locations in London and Hampshire, we’re easily accessible for trainees travelling all over from London and Hampshire.
- Eligible to register with GDC
- Suitable to apply for Post Graduate courses and become a Specialist Dental Nurse.
- Enhances career and professional prospects
- Suitable to apply for Dental Hygienist, Orthodontics and Therapist courses.
- Becomes a Qualified Dental Nurse with full access to work on the clinical side