The course is a 12-month program that runs fortnightly via classroom learning, which is located in our training centres in Basingstoke, Aldershot and Feltham. The National Diploma in Dental Nursing is a combination of working and learning.
Furthermore, students will be required to complete RoE (Record of Experience), which is a practical experience portfolio that needs to be completed gradually and in line with NEBDN standards provided by the NEBDN. To complete the RoE students should be working in a dental practice as a Trainee Dental Nurse.
Upon successful completion of the RoE submission, students will complete two exams which are a theoretical written exam and practical OSCE exam subject to successfully completing their RoE and previous exam.
As a result, students will be awarded certification from the NEBDN, which allows eligibility to register with GDC and become a registered Dental Care Professional (DCP). Students will need to pass the Everest Mock exams, as well as complete the RoE in order to be put forward for the NEBDN exams.
Course Duration: 12 months, Part-time (Weekend))
Course Fee: GBP £1980.00 (This includes RoE application fee & examination fee).
Course Deposit: GBP £450.00
- Flexible instalment plans are available – Discount available on full payment option
- Initial payment of £450 followed by 6 monthly instalments of £255
Topic covered in the curriculum
1. Professionalism and the role of the dental Nurse
2. Health & Safety and Infection control in the workplace
3. Legal and Ethical issues in the provision of dental care
4. Emergencies in the Clinical environment
5. Anatomical structures and systems relative to dental car
6. Oral disease and pathology
7. Patient care and management
8. Assessing patients’ oral health needs and treatment planning
9. Oral health promotion and preventive dentistry
12. Restorative dentistry
13. Extractions and minor oral surgery
14. Orthodontic procedures
15. Dental drugs, materials, instruments and equipment
16. Pain and anxiety control in dentistry
17. Children protection
Topics will be covered appropriately to meet the needs of the students with the use of different teaching and assessment methods; these may include Power Point Presentations, practical hands on sessions, group work, presentations, periodic tests and mock examinations.
Who Should Attend
The National Diploma in Dental Nursing opens up many new doors, giving you both the opportunity for further dentistry education and access to an array of different jobs related to dentistry. This course is ideal for anyone…
- Unqualified dental nurses already working as dental nurses
- Candidates interested in becoming a dental nurse
- Qualified but unregistered dental nurses who wish to obtain a dental nursing qualification and be registered with the GDC
- Overseas qualified dentists wishing to work as dental nurses in the UK
- Any individual looking to change their career
- Seeking the flexibility to work, full time, part time or around a family
- Of any age
- Wishing to learn and earn at the same time
Intakes & Venues
- We have 2 intakes per year for our Dental Nurse course, please enquire. call us on 07474424428 for start dates.
- Classes are held at Basingstoke, Feltham and Aldershot.
What you need to start
Provide the following documents to register for this course.
- Enroll in an accredited Dental Nurse Course. It is mandatory to be on a training course before you can start working as a Trainee Dental Nurse. You can enroll on our courses after successfully passing the initial assessment test
- Have a Hepatitis B vaccination
- A valid proof of ID
- A valid visa with permission to work in the UK for non-resident students.
- National Insurance Number
Resit and missed deadline
If you fail the theory or the practical part of the exam you can renew your support to the next available written or practical examination. This renewal will also include revision lessons (compulsory).
The renewal cost for re-sitting the NEBDN Theory examination is £425.00, this is made up of NEBDN Exam Resit Fee and course renewal by Everest Education Limited
If you had to re-sit the OSCE practical examination, the fee is £500.00, this is made up of OSCE practical Exam Re-sit Fee plus course renewal with Everest Education Limited. These fees include your examination fees, theory revision classes and mock OSCE practical revision exams prior to your OSCE Examination to assist you in preparation.
Please note, candidates must pass both parts of the examination within the 3-year validity period of the Record of Experience.
Student who fail to meet the deadline for RoE application in order to complete the exam that they originally booked the course for or fail to submit their RoE by the required completion deadline or fail to hand in your examination application form by the deadline in order to sit the examination that you originally booked the course for, will need to pay course renewal fee of £600.
Students who successfully completed their Coursework (eRoE) can defer the exam and transfer to the following course by agreement with the Tutor and Course Director. This will be subject to a £30 charge from the NEBDN in order to move the exam date. Once a student has applied for their RoE they are automatically assigned to the exam specified on the form, so any difference to this will incur the £30 charge. Please note that any extension fees to extend your course will be an additional cost to this.
Is this right course for me?
Anyone wishing to work as a Dental Nurse in the UK is required to complete this course and register with GDC.
We will guide and support you from the very first step. To join the National Diploma in Dental Nursing you do not need to be working in a dental practice. It is legality from GDC that if a student wants to work as a trainee dental nurse they should be enrolled on a diploma course. After we have enrolled you on the course, we can issue a confirmation letter stating that you are on the course and can be hired as trainee dental nurses. Upon successfully passing the NEBDN examinations, students will receive a Diploma from the NEBDN. Students will need to pass the Everest Mock exams, as well as complete the RoE in order to be put forward for the NEBDN exams.
The National Diploma for Dental Nurses are run throughout the year, with courses available in a classroom-based environment and via our Zoom online learning programme.
This 12 months dental nursing diploma course is comprised of a written examination,practical examinations and a workplace portfolio (Record of Experience).
With locations in London and Hampshire, we’re easily accessible for trainees travelling all over from London and Hampshire.
What can you achieve after successfully completing this qualification?
- Eligible to register with GDC
- Suitable to apply for Post Graduate courses and become a Specialist Dental Nurse.
- Enhances career and professional prospects
- Suitable to apply for Dental Hygienist, Orthodontics and Therapist courses.
- Becomes a Qualified Dental Nurse with full access to work on the clinical side
How do I get more information?
It’s simple, all you need to do is contact us on +44 125 697 4187 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our consultants will answer your questions and guide you.